Change of scene

Home Forums Breaking the block Change of scene

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JimTK
    Participant

To shake things up a bit I find that moving to a different room helps unblock the creative flow or whatever it is that inspires us.
    Usually I work in my spare room. It’s a little bit dingy and faces north so when the sun moves round it gets cold quite quickly. Trouble is, I have all my stuff set up there and it’s a nuisance moving everything to the conservatory where there is more light.
    However, once there I find the ideas start to come again.
    Maybe it’s being able to see the garden. Or the inspired magic of a fresh cup of tea!

orcus
    Participant

I don’t know about moving to a different room but I find that a complete change of scene is needed sometimes. That means leaving the home and going for a walk. Sometimes I just go to the park and sit down people watching. They stimulate my imagination and I can imagine all kinds of scenarios surrounding them.
    Try it. Don’t forget to take a notepad and pen with you everywhere you go. If I forget, I record it on my phone. Sometimes I have ideas when I’m driving and can quickly pull over and record the essence of it.

FreddieR
    Participant

Distractions. Eliminate then one by one until you have time that is yours alone and a space that is yours alone. I think the biggest problem we have these days is the internet. You are always just one click away from an infinite universe of distractions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.