Legend Blues Chapter 1

Home Forums Feedback Legend Blues Chapter 1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    seagoat
    Participant

Unpublished novel 35 chapters This is the first. Does it make you want to read the second?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    HarryStotle
    Participant

To answer your question, yes, yes, yes!

JimTK
    Participant

Phew! That is quality, Seagoat. Love the descriptive power of your short sentences, the pace of the narrative, the sense of location and the understated central character. You don’t give much away but there are enough hooks to make me want to know more. It’s atmospheric – rather dark and brooding – and intriguing.
    Buried questions: who is Brad? Why was he discharged from the army? Where did he learn to play trumpet? Who is/was Maggie if not his mother? What was that dream about? What is the dark secret that seems to be in his background? Why do these strangers seem to recognise him from somewhere? All of that loaded into an opening chapter and giving you the fuel to develop and reveal over subsequent pages. It has legs!

Helen
    Participant

Loved that! Such economy but saying so much. Do we get to see a second chapter?

Kit-Kat
    Participant

I think there is a lot of mileage in this character. You have mapped out enough questions to hook the reader about a credible persona who is going to surprise us. It’s a goer for me.

Colliewobble
    Participant

Definitely keen to know more! Keep going!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.