Workshops – at a price!

Home Forums Comps and publishing opportunities Workshops – at a price!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    orcus
    Participant

Not exactly a competition but I found this link to a series of writing workshops for anyone here is interested – or who can afford their eye-watering prices!

https://authorspublish.thinkific.com/

Colliewobble
    Participant

Definitely eye watering! I’ve recently joined Critique Circle where you can share your writing for feedback. There are a lot of people on there from all over the world. You accumulate credits for reviewing the writing of others, then spend those credits to submit your own work. No workshops though that I’m aware of. It’s free, or there’s a premium membership. The link is below if anyone is interested.

https://new.critiquecircle.com/landing

orcus
    Participant

That’s an interesting website, C. Not sure about the credits-for-critiques system. Can’t see the logic of that although there is probably a good reason. Might give it a try.
    Do you know if the critiques are fair and constructive? It won’t show me any until I have ‘earned’ enough credits.
    I have read a few of the stories though. My, there are a lot of good writers out there!

Colliewobble
    Participant

Hi Orcus,
    I suppose the credit system means you can’t just put your work on there without giving something back. The critique queue lasts for a week, so I suppose if there was no incentive it could be hard to get feedback. However, you get 2 credits automatically for joining and your first story costs 3 credits. Then it moves on to 7 credits for your next story, which means a lot of time spent critiquing (1 credit per critique)! No idea what story 3 might cost! Interesting to read other people’s work as you say, but not sure I’d pay for premium. The critiques I’ve had so far seem polite and fair (from all over e.g. S. Africa, USA, UK, Germany). Some are new and some have had work published, which is useful to know. The freebie option is worth a try, but don’t part with anything until you’re happy! I certainly won’t! Hope that helps.
    C.

orcus
    Participant

Ah, thanks for explaining that. I knew there was probably a good reason and might have worked it out for myself but at the moment my brain is befuddled and exhausted with the complexities of the two (dreaded?) Cs – Covid and Christmas! :wacko:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.