Workshops – at a price!

Home Forums Comps and publishing opportunities Workshops – at a price!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    orcus
    Participant

Not exactly a competition but I found this link to a series of writing workshops for anyone here is interested – or who can afford their eye-watering prices!

https://authorspublish.thinkific.com/

Colliewobble
    Participant

Definitely eye watering! I’ve recently joined Critique Circle where you can share your writing for feedback. There are a lot of people on there from all over the world. You accumulate credits for reviewing the writing of others, then spend those credits to submit your own work. No workshops though that I’m aware of. It’s free, or there’s a premium membership. The link is below if anyone is interested.

https://new.critiquecircle.com/landing

orcus
    Participant

That’s an interesting website, C. Not sure about the credits-for-critiques system. Can’t see the logic of that although there is probably a good reason. Might give it a try.
    Do you know if the critiques are fair and constructive? It won’t show me any until I have ‘earned’ enough credits.
    I have read a few of the stories though. My, there are a lot of good writers out there!

Colliewobble
    Participant

Hi Orcus,
    I suppose the credit system means you can’t just put your work on there without giving something back. The critique queue lasts for a week, so I suppose if there was no incentive it could be hard to get feedback. However, you get 2 credits automatically for joining and your first story costs 3 credits. Then it moves on to 7 credits for your next story, which means a lot of time spent critiquing (1 credit per critique)! No idea what story 3 might cost! Interesting to read other people’s work as you say, but not sure I’d pay for premium. The critiques I’ve had so far seem polite and fair (from all over e.g. S. Africa, USA, UK, Germany). Some are new and some have had work published, which is useful to know. The freebie option is worth a try, but don’t part with anything until you’re happy! I certainly won’t! Hope that helps.
    C.

orcus
    Participant

Ah, thanks for explaining that. I knew there was probably a good reason and might have worked it out for myself but at the moment my brain is befuddled and exhausted with the complexities of the two (dreaded?) Cs – Covid and Christmas! :wacko:

joelie123
    Participant

I came across your post about paid workshops, and while I don’t have any personal recommendations, I can offer some writing tips for cookery assignments that might help you tackle the topic on your own. When writing about cookery, it’s important to be descriptive and use sensory language to help your readers visualize the food. You should also research the history and cultural significance of the dish or cuisine you’re writing about. Good luck with your assignments!

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by joelie123.
    royalbert975
    Participant

The best all season tire for suv is one that is designed to provide excellent traction and stability in a variety of conditions. All-season tires are designed to provide a balance between performance and economy. They are designed to provide a good balance of performance in both wet and dry conditions, while also offering a quiet and comfortable ride. The best all season tire for an SUV should also provide excellent handling characteristics and be able to handle a variety of road surfaces. Additionally, all-season tires should offer long tread life, since they will be required to perform throughout the year in many different conditions. When looking for the best all season tire for an SUV, it is important to consider the specific needs of your vehicle. Depending on the type of terrain and driving conditions you will encounter, you may require a tire with specific features. With so many tire models available today, it is important to make sure you get the best one for your needs.

andymichael436
    Participant

If you’re looking for a detailing service near me, look no further. I recently had my car detailed by a professional and was very pleased with the results. They did a full detailing job, from the inside out. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and made sure to meet my expectations. The detailing was thorough and my car was left looking like new. I highly recommend this detailing service and would use them again. They made sure to give my car the attention it deserved and exceeded my expectations.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.